Hello all
It is Friday morning, and I am sitting in a beautiful setting in Half Moon Bay (thank you, my lovely friend Tbone.) He thought it'd be the most relaxing send off after 2 final days of work meetings...and it is, and I am so appreciative.
I am sitting on a patio, sipping tea in front of a fire pit, looking out at and listening to the Pacific Ocean and it's a perfect moment. I just Skyp'd with our girls, who are looking forward to a fun day with friends, movies, ice cream. I talked to Ken a while ago who told our story to a sweet flight attendant who upgraded him to 1st class on his trip to LAX, where I will join him shortly. I am calm. (For all of you who lived this with me, especially the past few weeks dealing with issues and mistakes made by our agency, you will understand this is indeed quite a feat).
I am playing the moment we will meet Shu in my head, knowing it will be nothing like I imagine. But its there, that anticipation...the moment. I remember the whirlwind day meeting our girls - the nerves, the ride there and then having Nicole thrust into my arms as soon as I walked through a door. I turned to Ken and Eva was being thrust into his. BAM - we are Family. And the months of having waited for them disolve.
Will it be the same...having waited years this time. I think yes. Since it is so close now, all that matters is looking ahead. I have so many questions, so many thoughts about my little man. I pray that how much we love him already will help him through what will no doubtedly be an emotional time for him - the change, the move from what and who he knows and has lived with for over a year. Introducing him to his big sisters will be so much fun. Not so sure about his new furry pack of 3 dogs and 3 cats, but it only took the girls 2 days to enjoy that attention.
So, I am off to take a walk, breathe in some ocean air, and as Tom so eloquently put it ...enjoy the quiet before the mayhem of poopy diapers and crying begins. YEAH!
Yeah Tbone! Michelle, so good to hear you had a chance to retreat and reflect. It will serve you well over the next few days. As will Ken's 1st class trip across country! Reading your entry today has brought me to tears...that was such a powerful moment even in the midst of the chaos the joy and love was so overwhelming. This is so amazing that you get to do it again with Shu...you will be angels to each other for the rest of this life time!
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a good walk...particularly before you buckle up for the long plane ride to China!!!!
I love you. Gabe
I am following your story.
ReplyDeleteMuch love from your Bethany friend....
So glad you got to relax a little before this exciting trip. I'm thinking of you my friend, and Braden too :-)
ReplyDeleteSo happy you were able to get a little time to breathe... I can't believe the time is here!! I am overwhelmed with love and excitement and cannot wait to meet him!!! Travel safe & stay healthy !!!
ReplyDeleteI love you!!!