FAMILY

Monday, August 16, 2010

One Step Closer...

So it seems are TA (travel approval) is in the mail. YIPPEEE!   Once that is in hand we can confirm the day we meet our son, and our Embassy appointment to make things official.  Flights are tentatively reserved,  hotel reservations made, money wired, and the countdown til we leave begins.  Hopefully we can confirm leaving on Friday, 8/27.

Eva and Nicole helped pack Braden's suitcase full of diapers, toys, and several sizes of clothes since we dont really know his size. We have the requisite treats, sippy cups, bottles, fuzzy blanket and stuffed girafffe that makes jungle sounds. (which by the way made Kallie bark and whine)
We packed a suitcase full of toys and clothese for the orphange and treats for Braden's caretakes (2.5 lb bag of choc kisses, 3 lbs of Jelly Bellies and M&Ms, which we heard were big hits) and some other made in America gifts. 

As I sat on the plane ( a very inconvenient trip out of town for trade show for 5 days) I made the yet TO DO list that was over 2 pages long.  notebook size...but double spaced.  I think my heart it palpatating even as I type this - with nerves, excitement, fear and absolute joy.  When I stop the madness of my task oriented mind, and let it quiet it sets in that finally I will be holding my son soon.  Then I have to cry, since there are no words that can desribe all I feel.  Tears work.

thank you all for the good wishes.

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting for you and the family! I hope everything comes together and you have your son VERY SOON!

    All The Best :-)
    - Alex

    ReplyDelete