Well, we made it to China. We are in the Guangzhou airport, waiting for our connecting flight to Chengdu...many hours from now. All was well with the flight of 15+hrs. Frankly, I got more sleep last night than any night in recent memory. Thank goodness for Tylenol PM. Truth be told, it was washed down with a glass of Chardonnay. Ken got even more sleep since he took 2. We met another couple who is here to adopt their son, too, while in line for immigration. They, however, looked fresh and perky after the 15hr flight, while I resemble a zombie. Then again they are like 30, and we are....uh...not.
Ken just took a walk to find snacks. Yeah - a diet pepsi! I am so thankful he didnt bring back the packaged chicken feet he found, as well as the cuttle fish and the cucumber flavored pringles. We will search out the noodle shop shortly. Many adoptive families who come comment on how they didnt find enough to eat and sought out the American restaurants. We, however cannot wait to try the food in Sichuan. Spicy hot pots - yum.
Well, we are one step closer to our little guy. I am obsessed with watching little boys here in the airport, comparing to what I imagine. What is he doing right now - breakfast? playtime? How tall will he be? How much hair will he have? Will he still have those big curious eyes? Will he giggle like the little boy across from me now? or will he scream and throw down the lollipop like the one that just walked by? Will he please tolerate that I won't be able to stop hugging him?
I will continue to ponder this and drive Ken a bit more batty than I already do with my babble. But I know he wonders the same. Or close. It may go more like ... When can I teach him Aikido? Will he hide from all the females in the house with me? What is all that squealing all about? Will I have to bolt down all the furniture so he doesn't climb it? Will he pick his nose and eat it like the boy on the escalator next to us.
Naw...i just asked him what he is wondering about Braden right right now. His answer" I'm not wondering - I just want to go get him" such a man. no obsessing.
I think it is time for noodles.
More later from Chengdu.
No comments:
Post a Comment